I have never tried a chevron French tip before, nor have I ever attempted a two-color Funky French. Usually I always leave the top half of my nail naked and just paint the tip... but this is really fun!
I did not want to use Scotch tape or any kind of adhesive sticker to create the chevron. That's just too much work for me-- with the extra top coat, measuring the tip just perfectly... blah, blah, blah. I just decided to freehand it.
Since I wasn't smart enough to take step-by-step photos while I did my mani, I recreated the step-by-step instructions the old fashioned way, with pens and paper. Very high-tech. I know.
Here are the steps for my vampy chevron nails:
- Apply a real base coat (not drawn above). I used CND Stickey base coat.
- Apply your 1 or 2 coats of your base color. I chose OPI Color So Hot It Berns.
- Using acrylic paint, freehand a black line from the outer edge of your nail to the middle, making a diagonal line.
- Freehand a second diagonal line so it intersects the first.
- Still using acrylic paint, fill in the tip of your nail inside the black lines.
- Go over the acrylic paint with a sparkly fun polish of a similar hue to your acrylic. I chose China Glaze Lubu Heels.
- Using a dotting tool and acrylic paint, dot on 3 small dots along the edge of the chevron tip.
- Apply topcoat (I used CND Super Shiney top coat) and VOILA! You're finished!