I let her pick out her own colors, but insisted on doing flowers on her accent nail. I was not about to let her crackle all her nails. That's just too boring.
In advance, I apologize for her cuticles. I pick my eyelashes... she picks her cuticles. No one is perfect, right? I also apologize that I didn't clean up her mani before taking pictures. We were in a hurry!
Here are the steps I followed for her mani:
- Apply CND Stickey base coat to each nail
- Paint on 2 coats of Sally Hansen Midnight in NY on each nail
- Apply a thin coat of Seche Vite to each nail to speed up the drying process
- Cover 8 of 10 nails (don't do accent nail) with a thin layer of China Glaze Crackle Glaze in Crushed Candy
- On the accent nail, using a dotting tool, create a pattern of 5 dots with China Glaze For Audrey (I also did this design here)
- Using a toothpick or your dotting tool, drag the center of each dot toward the center of the dotted pattern to make a flower
- Use the dotting tool to dot the center of each flower with China Glaze White on White (optional)
- Finish each nail with one coat of CND Super Shiney top coat and one coat of OPI RapiDry top coat
I love how Crushed Candy and For Audrey are so similar. They're perfect to use together. My sister loved her nails and said she got lots of compliments (yay!).
She has never used a crackle polish before and really thought it was cool, but so "not her." I think it's super fun! It's definitely very "me." :)