Here's what I used:
I wanted it to be simple and make a statement. And yes, that's a funnel made from a Post-It note.
I ended up adding about a full teaspoon of flakies to the glitter polish. I probably did not need to add that much... but it just sort of happened.
I was in love with the polish as soon I mixed it.
It was so cool. Unfortunately, as it sat for a while, the beautiful black rainbow flakies began to change into silvery chrome flakies as the finish came off of them. How lame.
|1 hour after mixing|
|3 hours after mixing|
It's now basically a glitter/flakie polish with holographic glitter and silver flakies. It's still rather cool, but definitely not what I was going for. I have decided to name it Nickel and Dime-mond, because I totally feel like it nickel-and-dimed me.
As for my first frankening attempt... um... it was OK. I'm not too impressed, but next time will hopefully be better.