This was a simple flower mani. Also, I can't believe I've never posted a flower nail art design before. Maybe because it was winter... but STILL! Flowers are my favorite (though I'm still practicing them) nail art to do. In addition, I'm not sure why I chose lavender + blue... originally I had planned on including yellow in the mix... but it looked OK without it and I didn't want to risk messing it up. So I just left it as is :) Here are the steps I followed:
- Apply 1 coat of CND Stickey base coat to each nail
- Apply 3 coats of OPI Done Out In Deco
- Using Stripe Rite stripers in white, freehand a white flower on to the base of your ring finger and thumb finger. It doesn't have to be perfect. Some of my flowers had 3 petals and some had 4.
- Outline the white flower with Stripe Rite polish in light blue. Again, this doesn't have to be perfect. I like to see the brush strokes sometimes to make it look a little more hand-painted.
- Paint on a couple leaves with Stripe Rite green.
- Use Migi Nail Art Pens in white to fill in the remaining area with tiny white dots.
- Finish with a coat of CND Super Shiney top coat.
To be quite honest, Done Out In Deco ended up being a lot more gray than lavender on my nails. That was OK though. It looks nice in the photos, but I wasn't super pleased with it on my nail. Also, I think I applied topcoat too fast or too thick, because I had a bubbles pop up on a couple of the nails. All in all, since I wasn't too happy with it, I went over the non-decorated fingers with OPI The Color To Watch.
The Color To Watch is a cool color! I have never used it before and I'm glad I layered it because it's super sheer. It took 2 coats to go on evenly, but I am very pleased with the result. It's a very fresh and spring-inspired manicure and I hope it lasts all week!